We Care About the Environment
How We're Trying to Save Our Planet
Through the years, we have been a leader in managing our business in a way that impacts the environment in a friendly, positive, and thoughtful manner. Long before others were paying attention to environmental issues, we implemented the following Environmental Vision and Management Policy:
- We support the Smart Forestry Initiative of responsible forestry management where three trees are planted for every three harvested to make paper products at espoused here: http://www.printgrowstrees.org
- Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades-old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp. These tree farms not only ensure a sustainable, ongoing paper supply but also assure the land they use will remain undeveloped commercially.
- We recycle tons and tons of paper every month. Frankly, it is a lot of work and effort, with a buy-back revenue stream that covers only a small fraction of the cost. That's OK, though, because we believe it to be a very valuable effort.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible and encourage others to do the same.
- We use online PDF proofing whenever possible to save paper.
- We use biodegradable inks and toners that are recyclable.
- We use chemicals and solvents that are almost 100% water soluble, biodegradable, and recyclable. They are often more expensive, but we consider these products to be a wise investment.
- We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption (like set-back thermostats, energy saving controls)and to minimize the use of all raw materials.
- A very important way we urge our customers to partner with us in our environmental efforts is by using our digital/Internet ordering, proofing, and reordering system. Use of our digital ordering system enables all of us to save substantial amounts of gasoline and other raw materials.
- If you have suggestions about other ways we could further limit our environmental impact, please call us with your ideas.